Our signature Standard Electric Cable is about to get even better! We are excited to announce that improvements have been made to our electric heating product line and are coming your way soon. On October 1, we will be introducing a new and improved Standard Electric Cable that will feature changes to the construction and design of the wire, benefiting the installer and their customer. “I am very excited about the evolution of our electric heating products,” said Michael Willburn, President of Infloor Heating Systems.
Installers can look forward to reduced installation time and working with a product that has a lower profile. The color of the cable will continue to be red, but new part numbers have been assigned. These changes are another step forward in industry improvements, and further support our position as a leader in the market.
“Any time we can introduce a new product that saves the installing contractor time, we look forward to it,” said Michael. “The cable will be easier and faster to install, and require a thinner application, reducing floor height issues as well,” he shared. “Electric Radiant Heating is an ever-growing market for us, because it is easy to install, and can go into any application from new construction to a remodeled bathroom.”
Below is an overview to shed greater light on these upcoming changes. Feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
Changes to Infloor’s Standard Electric Cable
- The wire construction will change from a stainless steel over braid to a foil-tape and drain wire shield design. Impact test ratings continue to exceed UL requirements.
- The wire spacing will change from 2.5” to 3” on center (OC). This matches the current industry standards in wire spacing.
- Heat output will remain the same at 12 Watts / square foot at the new 3” OC spacing.
- The outer layer is a TPU (urethane) jacket and adds a bit more flexibility.
- A print stream identifying each wire size will be printed on the outside jacket.
- Wire thickness is reduced.
- New part #’s assigned.
Benefits to Installers
- A 1/16” thinner heating wire offers a lower profile during installation
- Installation time is reduced by as much as 17% with 3” OC standard spacing
- Field repairs are easier with the improved wire construction
Infloor Standard Electric Cable is low-profile and can be easily sized for any project, making it a great choice for bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, small offices, and remodeling projects.
The cable ranges from 10-15 watts a square foot, offered in 120V and 240V, comes with a 25-year limited warranty, and is UL listed for both wet and dry indoor locations. Our Standard Electric Cable is recommended to be used under tile, laminate, marble, and stone floor coverings for ultimate results.
Infloor Standard Electric Cable is a superior product you can count on for many years to come.
• Twin-wire technology
• Durable and flexible
• Single power lead
• Oxygen-free heating elements
• Aramid reinforcing fibers
• ETFE insulation
• Braided metal jacket
We are accepting orders now for the new and improved Standard Electric Cable, officially being released on October 1, 2014. As we continue to evolve as a company, so must everything else. This is an exciting improvement to our product line that we can’t wait to share with you. As always, we welcome your feedback and encourage the conversation to continue.